We have been creating websites with various tools since the mid 1990s. We’ve used HTML, Dreamweaver, Cold Fusion, Microsoft Active Server Pages, PHP, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and WordPress.
We have found WordPress to be the most useful, the most helpful in the design and development phases, and the most widely accepted and used by our peers.
We create new websites from scratch. We transition websites from HTML and/or Photoshop prototypes. And yes, occasionally we have been known to transition websites from other platforms. It’s all one direction. It’s always TO WordPress and never away.
Why do we do this?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is essentially the practice of making your website findable. If you create a website and no one visits, then it’s a waste of time. You need to find a way tell the world where you are and what you have to offer. That in a nutshell is the purpose of SEO. WordPress produces an SEO friendly website which when coupled with some 3rd party plugins will produce a site that is well optimized for search engines. One of these SEO developers is an SEO expert and we always use this plugin on every website we create.
- The WordPress platform permits us to create posts (items of short-term interest) and pages (items of continuing interest), add images, videos, audios, and do layouts and design all in one interface called the dashboard. This same dashboard that we use to create your website will allow non-technical users to easily create new content and maintain the website as required.
- WordPress is a well supported Content Management System. There are thousands of developers and millions of users worldwide. The WordPress organization releases several updates each year to improve security, to add new and improved functionality, and to enhance the users’ experience.
- When security problems are discovered, methods for overcoming them are quickly made available. We implement these methods as soon as we become aware of them.
- WordPress is a strong and useful program in itself. We use the latest plug-ins to achieve added functionality. The plug-ins are usually developed by third-party developers to provide uses not currently being offered in the current standard WordPress package.
- Thousands of free and premium themes are available allowing us to achieve the exact look and feel for our clients’ websites. We have been using an application called Genesis Framework for some time to allow us to have more latitude in creating websites. Just recently we began using a child theme (a supplement to Genesis Framework) called Dynamik to give us the ability to work with our clients in creating just the right look and functionality.
These are just a few of the reasons that we use WordPress in the creation and maintenance of our and our clients’ websites.